The General Terms and Conditions apply to all let and reserved Whaaw homes. We wish you a pleasant stay.
- The tenant will receive a letting confirmation by e-mail.
- The tenant must pay a down payment of 25% of the rent within seven days of receipt of the letting confirmation. The amount is payable to account number BE06 7380 2271 7422, account holder Dirk Van Dijck BV. The reservation is only final once we have received the payment in good order. These General Terms and Conditions take effect as soon as the tenant makes a reservation. The reservation option expires if the down payment is not in our account within seven days.
- The tenant must pay the remaining rent no later than four weeks before arrival. If we do not receive payment, the tenant will receive an e-mail with the request to pay the remaining amount within five business days. If the tenant still fails to remit payment, the tenant will be considered to have cancelled the reservation. The cancellation policy in article 3 applies in that case. The landlord then has the right to offer the house for letting again.
- For reservations within four weeks of the letting period, the tenant must immediately pay the full rent.
The rent covers the rental of the house as listed on the website. We provide bed and bath linen, final cleaning, wireless internet, and energy costs for each letting period. We expect the tenant to leave the house in good condition on departure, i.e. tidy and broom clean. The household appliances used (oven, hob, fridge) must be cleaned. Before departure, the tenant must leave the used bed and bath linen in the designated place. Household waste may not be left behind in the house. There are public rubbish containers in the area where the tenant can dispose of waste for a fee. If these conditions are not complied with, the landlord reserves the right to charge an additional cleaning fee of EUR 34 per hour.
We do not ask for a deposit, but we expect you to treat the home and the surroundings with care and for the purpose they are intended for. By reserving a home, the tenant explicitly agrees to transfer the amount of any damage established within one week of notification.
- Cancellation policy
- The tenant can cancel by e-mail free of charge within a cooling-off period of seven days after reservation.
- The following costs apply if the tenant cancels (also in case of force majeure):
- up to the 30th day before arrival: 25% of the rent
- up to the 15th day before arrival: 50% of the rent
- from the 15th day to the day of arrival or later: full rent
- If the stay cannot go ahead due to measures of the Belgian government or another government agency, this cancellation policy does not apply, and we will refund the amount already paid by the tenant up to and including the day of arrival.
- The tenant must always communicate changes or cancellations by e-mail, stating name and letting period.
- Cancellation by the landlord:
- If the landlord is forced to cancel the stay due to circumstances, he will immediately communicate this to the tenant, and the letting agreement will lapse. In that case, the landlord will refund the amount already paid by the tenant within 48 hours after notifying the tenant, as mentioned above. In that case, the tenant has no further or other rights than to claim the amounts already paid and therefore explicitly waives any further rights.
- The landlord reserves the right to cancel the letting agreement if the tenant provides incorrect personal data.
- House rules
- Letting period:
- Check-in is possible from 5 p.m. on the day of arrival.
- Check out is possible on the day of departure up until 10 a.m.
- Pets are not allowed in our homes.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in our homes.
- In the event of a fire, the tenant must leave the building as soon as possible, immediately alert the fire brigade (112) and notify the owner. In the event of a small fire, the tenant can use the provided fire extinguishers and attempt to put out the fire.
- One of the guests must have a mobile telephone to notify emergency services.
- Staying in the house with more than the reported maximum number of people is not permitted. Children under the age of two do not count but must be registered in advance.
- The tenant must remove the household waste. There are public rubbish containers in the area where the tenant can dispose of waste for a fee.
- The tenant undertakes to treat the rented property with due care. In the event of trouble or damage to the home or household contents, the tenant may have to leave the holiday home.
- The landlord is not liable for theft, loss or damage to objects and persons, of any kind, during or as a result of a stay in a holiday home.
- As the landlord, we are not liable for disruptions or failures in the services provided by third parties.
- The tenant is liable for all loss and damage to the rented accommodation and other property of the landlord that arises during its use by him and other persons, regardless of whether this is the result of the tenant’s actions or negligence or those of third parties permitted to be in the home.
- The tenant must report all damage to the landlord before his departure.
Complaints about the household contents and existing damage or defects must be reported immediately to +32 479 29 58 78 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the landlord has the opportunity to resolve the complaint. If it appears afterwards that the tenant has not reported the malfunction or flaw, he will lose the right to any refund.
Belgian law applies to this tenancy agreement.
All publications on the Whaaw website (www.whaaw.be) are made in good faith and are always subject to interim adjustments. Obvious errors on its website do not bind the landlord.